Listed below are Frequently Asked Questions regarding Patient Connect.
What is the patient portal?
The Patient Connect portal is an online application that allows patients to interact and communicate with their healthcare providers and staff. Patient portals benefit both patients and providers by increasing efficiency and productivity based on the features offered within the portal.
What can I do with a Patient Connect Portal account?
The Patient Connect portal allows users to view a summary of their personal health record, ask appointment questions, ask billing questions, ask about or request prescription refills, communicate with your physician’s administrative assistant, view appointment history, view patient statements, and pay their balance online.
Can I get my medical records through the portal?
Not at this time, but you can view a summary of your personal health record.
I clicked on the Schedule an Appointment link but all of the options are blank?
This feature is currently unavailable for our practice.
Why is my statement not showing up on my portal account?
There are two main reasons why your statement may not be on your portal account.
- If you have just completed registration with your Patient Connect portal account, it may take up to 30 days for your first statement to display within your portal account.
- If you have set up a payment plan with our financial department, your statements will not display within the Patient Connect portal. You will receive a paper statement.
I have a question for my doctor, how can I contact him/her through the portal? From the Home page click Compose an Email or choose the Compose Message from the Mail tab located at the top right portion of the page. Verify the correct practice name displays in the Practice field. Choose the category for your question. If you are asking a Prescription Refill question or Clinical Care Questions Regarding Office Visits or Surgery, make sure the correct healthcare provider is selected in the To field. Enter your Subject and type your message and then press Submit. Replies from your healthcare provider will appear in your inbox.
- Prescription Renewal Questions - Prescription refills are only processed during regular business hours Monday - Friday. Please allow 1-2 business days for prescription refills to be processed. Prescriptions received after 3pm on Friday or on weekends will be processed by 5pm Monday. If this is a MEDICAL EMERGENCY, call 911.
- Appointment Questions - Your request is NOT automatically processed as an appointment. Your medical condition, location preference, and appointment availability are reviewed prior to securing an appointment to ensure you are receiving the most appropriate care. You will be contacted within 24 business hours by an appointment representative to secure an appointment that most closely accommodates your request or question.
- Billing Questions - Emails and phone calls will be returned within 24 business hours. Requests for itemized statements, please allow 3 business days.
- Clinical Care Questions Regarding Office Visit - Emails sent to the physician’s administrative assistant will be returned within 24 business hours either by email or by phone call.
- Clinical Care Questions Regarding Surgery - Emails sent to the physician’s administrative assistant will be returned within 24 business hours either by email or by phone call.
I want to request a prescription refill but the medication is not listed on my portal account.
Only medications which were prescribed at Carolina Neurosurgery & Spine Associates are available for you to request a refill. If you have another medication that was prescribed by another provider, you will need to contact that provider’s office for the refill.
Why are my messages not answered immediately?
The communication features on the Patient Connect portal are for convenience and not intended for urgent matters. For urgent requests, patients should contact our office directly at 704-376-1605 or 911 if it is a medical emergency.
I have forgotten my username/password. How can I find out what they are?
On the log in page for the Patient Connect portal, you should see a link below the password field that reads: “Need help with your user name and password?” That link will take you to the Password Recovery page.
Return to Patient Connect Portal page